Sunday, June 19, 2011

Still Going After All These Days

I have only clicked on my Facebook icon once a day for the last three days. I'm very proud of myself. When I think about it, and I do often, I don't really think anyone misses me. If I'm not there, someone else is there to fill the void. Isn't that what it's all about, after all? Instant contact, instant communication no matter who it is. I am simply another person at the end of a keyboard saying 'hello, I'm here.' Is that what I want out of my life?  I predict Facebook is going to get tiring and lose its interest for all but those who are home bound in the future. It's wonderful for people who actually can not get out with friends because of illness, disease, or for other reasons. I choose my life out of doors, meeting real friends and having real relationships. After all, my Facebook friends won't be coming to family weddings or funerals. They aren't really 'there.'

So how do you like my gorgeous Greyhound? Isn't she a beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment